Monday, April 30, 2007

As usual, we've been busy doing a multitude of family and work things and have been away from the computer. Now that the new school year is underway and the staff farewell and welcome parties are behind us, we can get down to the business of relaxing. Except for the upcoming once-every-four years town festival that requires me to play the flute, that is. :/

It's fun, but the practices every evening for the past month have tested my limits. Fortunately, we recently had a wonderful visit from my Mother who came mid-month to stay for ten days. It was a great visit and one in which the boys in particular enjoyed the quality time together. She was also a great help during a busy month for us. During her trip we got a chance to visit an onsen, a dairy and sheep farm and enjoy the cherry blossoms in Sendai.

Conan, Lief and Grandma Joan share a hug


At Sendai castle

Cherry blossoms at sunset in Nishi park.





5 Comments:

At May 01, 2007 12:11 a.m., Blogger Kevin said...

I know I'm being a jerk here, but I couldn't resist... the imagery was just to o strong (and besides I've been known to have many a typo in my own blog, and "People in glass houses...")... but...

How exactly does a "diary and sheep farm" work? Is it the sheep themselves who keep a daily journal?

 
At May 01, 2007 10:30 a.m., Blogger PapaMino said...

Indeed. It's the sheep who know best how to write a good yarn.

 
At May 03, 2007 6:24 a.m., Blogger Karen Lew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 03, 2007 6:25 a.m., Blogger Karen Lew said...

Four wonderful photos. You captured a great moment with the boys and grandma. Are they all really that good-looking or just magically photogenic? And to catch the cherry blossoms, laterns and sunset all at once makes for a lovely picture.

And Mark, Dion says, "grOOOan."

 
At May 09, 2007 10:28 a.m., Blogger Mom said...

I had forgotten how much I (don't)miss Mark's puns until I visited! Seriously Mark, it was a very special time with you and the family, and now that I am back home I really do miss your wry sense of humour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home