Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Conan's growing by the week, it seems.


Although I'm sure I sound crazy for saying so, I do notice little milestones every week with Conan. His walking since his first few steps back in early August have improved greatly. He walks with so much confidence, and things he bumps into don't usually result in him falling over anymore. He's started doing a little speaking, being able to say "Papa" and "Mama", as well as "wan wan" for 'dog' (wan wan is the Japanese onomatopoeic word for a dog barking). He also has begun to insist that he feed himself with his spoon from time to time. A few weeks ago he started picking up a eight-inch rubber ball I bought him, and throwing it to me when we demonstrated the action. Sorry to all parents out there who are thinking "Yeah, Mark. It's just like every other kid out there", but it's still exciting for me. :)

4 Comments:

At September 29, 2005 10:13 a.m., Blogger Karen Lew said...

Great photo!

Yes, Conan is growing. I expected that since Junko is taking excellent care of him BUT what about your garden, how does IT grow? :P

 
At September 29, 2005 11:12 a.m., Blogger PapaMino said...

It grew, and we ate the tomatoes. The single, small watermelon was very sweet and juicy. Looking forward to planting something for next year; perhaps sugar cane or a passion fruit tree. :)

 
At October 12, 2005 5:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is THE cutest grandson on earth! (and smartest!) Can't wait to hold him, read with him and play ball in November. "Grandma Joan"

 
At April 01, 2006 4:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
I am up late working (but taking a break), and thought I'd peruse your pics. I can't get over how Conan looks sometimes like you when you were little, sometimes like Scott, sometimes like Aunt Joan. So neat. You all look wonderfully content :) I'm very happy for you, and think of you everytime we go for sushi (yup, even in Indiana!)

Love to all, Shelley (Bates)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home