Halloween 2007
Halloween has become a bigger deal the past few years in Japan, with Halloween costume parades at day care centres, complete with "trick-or-treating" as they walk the neighbourhood. Conan's day care parade even made the local news broadcast this year. For the 31st, I borrowed one of the unused pumpkins and carved it a home. I set it outside without Conan noticing, then had Junko put him into his Peter Pan costume and take him trick-or-treating around our street looking for houses with Halloweeen decorations. He rang the doorbell, and got a treat from papa.
A week later, we all enjoyed the annual Halloween party in Murone village, hosted by our good friends, Greg and Nami, along with their four boys. We don't know how they keep up. Bath time must take forever. :)

2 Comments:
Nice website.
BTW, what part of Japan do you live in?
Osaka?
I live in Tokyo with my Japanese wife and our daughters. I moved here in 1990 from America.
Please check out my blog:
http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~tokyo5
That is the cutest costume ever, even if Leif does look a little befuddled by it. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home